Wednesday 17 April 2013

Drawings from Nature

I don't know anyone who does this better than Milly - her drawing is sensitive, intelligent and beautifully styled and intensely conveys the natural world through her superb draughtsmanship and instinctive use of colour.  Actually,  Milly is a nickname and the lady who is, happiest when drawing, is Eileen Postlethwaite - owner of the wonderful blog Drawings from Nature.  I adore her posts about local walks, collecting items to bring home and draw - whatever medium she uses, and she uses many, she masters with delightful results.

Recently Eileen had a give-away on her blog, and miraculously I was pulled out of the entries as a winner (thankyou Mr P).  Today I received a parcel from her - it is best if I show you what a pleasure it was to open.

From its brown outer wrapping came these two packages with beautiful tags, tags with a hand printed Hare and illustrations of a feather.



The parcel with the Hare tag I had expected, but this was an extra gift, and I couldn't wait to open it.

But first, the reason why I entered the giveaway in the first place - because I could not resist the possibility of owning one of Eileen's beautiful Hare pin-cushions.



Pin Cushion by Eileen Postlethwaite - Drawings from Nature

If you visit her blog, she details how she made it, and printed the Hare image - in drawing - printing - sewing.  I'm really lucky, because I won mine - but I know she is making some more for her shop if you'd like one too.


Eileen even included a pin for me, to start me off using the cushion, but I'm not sure I have the heart to push pins in - perhaps just round the edges!

Then to the second package - it contained this beautiful folder.  The back of which was just as exquisitely illustrated.




But inside!  It contained a host of large cards of Eileen's drawings - leaves, shells, acorns, feathers and more.  I'm examining each and every one in minute detail and marvelling!

Thankyou, Thankyou and Thankyou Eileen - do keep Drawing from Nature and delighting us all!



PS:  I just wanted to add Eileen's note on Copyright - Drawings from Nature
  • All the drawings are copyright of Eileen Postlethwaite, owner of all the drawings. Please do not use or copy without asking my permission, which I usually give. Respect my ownership. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Those are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she clever! I'm still beaming and feeling special after receiving my lovely gifts!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...